Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower 1/3 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
Sweet and Spicy Glaze
3 Tbsp olive oil 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup (can use agave or honey instead but the maple flavor is great) 1/4 tsp kosher salt 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°
2. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower. Rinse it thoroughly.
3. Cut the head in half right through the stem. Then trim the stem so that it looks like this:
4. In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together.
5. Place the cauliflower halves in a large bowl and drizzle the glaze over all sides, getting it completely coated.
6. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes. Leave the remaining glaze in the bowl. Add the walnuts to the remaining glaze and toss to coat.
7. Place the nuts on the roasting pan for the final 5 minutes of cooking. Any longer and the nuts will burn.